Day 1 - Use worship as a weapon



When I say “use worship as a weapon,” I don't expect us to attack someone else with the words we sing. I am suggesting that worship can be a weapon against the things warring against ours souls, and a tool to take ground in the spiritual battle of ones day. This morning I woke up and because we had a guest staying in our basement, I walked/jogged to the lake front. Once near the beach, I listened repeatedly to my three current favorite worship songs while singing along and praying for the city, my family, and the church. I may have sounded crazy to the few people who passed by, but a revolution took place in my spirit. Instead of feeling the weight of all the things I am being told what I shouldn't be doing, I felt the joy of the Lord and hope for what how God will use these terrible circumstances for good. The Bible says, “For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (II Corinthians 10:3-5.” Worship is a weapon that takes control our minds with the truth that God is sovereign and is ultimately in control of our lives and the world around us.

Comments

Popular Posts