Day 5 – Enjoy Eating



Today I want to suggest that you enjoy everything you eat. This morning I was in the kitchen cooking a classic brunch of eggs, bacon, and toast.  My audience is down a little bit, so I thought I should include bacon. I love bacon (sorry vegetarians). I love tasting bacon. It is so savory. I love it in a BLT. Everything is great with bacon

The scriptures say, “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus (I Thessalonians 5:16-18).” You may want to memorize that today. Our lives may have been in a rush. This change of pace has made us slow down quite a bit. When we pause and enjoy something like a meal, either by ourselves or with loved ones, it gives us a opportunity to appreciate the moment, reflect upon what God is doing in our lives, and give Him thanks.

Let me also suggest sharing an e-meal together with a relative or friend.  We may not be able to meet together in person, but we can share a coffee or meal together over the phone or internet.

Let me encourage you, whatever meal it is, breakfast, lunch, or dinner, or a snack in between, that you would give thanks to God in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Thank him for the meal that you have and the life that he has given you.

Comments

Popular Posts